I am a trauma recovery somatic coach who helps people heal and find ease from trauma that gets stuck in the body and gets in the way of living a fulfilled and authentic life.
I have experienced the ReBloom method guided by Jo Tucker, a member of the ReBloom Hive and post-traumatic guide. I find this method of coaching to be most effective, allowing me to reconnect to the wisdom of my body and release trauma that has been stuck for decades. Jo and ReBloom have been instrumental in my journey of healing and personal post-traumatic growth.
What are somatic practices?
Somatics describes any practice that uses the mind-body connection to help you survey your internal self and listen to signals your body sends about areas of pain, discomfort, or imbalance. (Reference)
What is trauma?
The best definition of trauma comes from my teacher, post-traumatic guide and culture maker Rachael Maddox. She is the author of her newly published book ReBloom: Archetypal Trauma Resolution for Personal and Collective Healing, and the creator of the ReBloom method for trauma recovery. This is the method I use in my practice. It has served me best in my post-traumatic healing and growth experience.
Rachael defines trauma as “an embodied violation hangover”
In other words, trauma is:
- a violation (emotional, physical, energetic, or any combination of the three)
- that happened in the past
- that gets stuck in the body (physical and energetic) and remains long after the violation has ended.
That stuckness, that trauma, influences our behavior. It affects the way we see ourselves, the ways we communicate with ourselves and other, and the way we view the world. Trauma impacts physical and emotional health.
This definition is expansive. Most of us have experienced trauma in some form in the course of living our lives. It is an almost unavoidable for people living in relationship with other people and communities shaped for generations by systems of oppression – colonialism, capitalism, sexism, racism, ableism, privilege…
A trauma recovery approach includes:
- Consensual techniques and tools offered without force, trusting the inherent treatment plan and unique timeline of every individual
- Doing what’s doable and appropriate for you in the here and now; honouring your capacity
- Focus on the nervous system and the reverence for the body’s capacity to grow, heal and transform
- Informed consent and sovereignty central to the coaching experience
- Honouring ‘resistance’ as the body’s way of whispering its needs
In addition, the ReBloom trauma recovery method offers:
- Inclusion of story, myth, ritual, archetype and metaphor as part of the healing process
- Focus on health as the foundation of the model, as opposed to focusing on the trauma (you don’t have to recreate or even remember the trauma event to heal from its effects)
- A critical approach that recognizes the impacts of oppressive systems (colonialism, capitalism, racism, sexism, etc.) and cultures
- An emphasis community-regulation and nature-regulation in addition to on self-regulation and co-regulation
- Radical consent to disclose or not disclose your personal history and story as part of the healing process
- Permission to honour your self, to use your sacred “no” and opt out at any time from any practice that does not resonate in the moment or feels uncomfortable
A ReBloom coach guides you through trauma resolution, teaching and using somatic techniques and exploring using the seven ReBloom archetypes for post-traumatic growth.
The ReBloom method is a 3 part approach to trauma recovery:
Discovering your current ReBloom oracle
- It starts with a question: What am I living inside? or What am I being called to address in this moment?
Growing embodied coherence
- Learn to allow physiological trauma trapped in your body to move (or “complete”), regulate your nervous system, and nurture resilient aliveness in your body
Cultivating relational coherence
- Explore the natural blueprints of health associated with the ReBloom archetypes to bring you into right relationship with yourself, others and the world
The ReBloom archetypes for post-traumatic growth
The ReBloom archetypes describe progressive stages of growth, development, and healing, recognizing imprints caused by trauma and returning to your natural blueprint, in seven areas.
This method facilitates learning and movement from:
Neglect to Worthiness & Receptivity
Exploitation to Sovereignty
Shame & Repression to Whole Self Expression
Manipulation & Control to Clarity & Choice
Violence & Chaos to Vitality & Empwered Safety
Isolation & Alienation to Intimate Belonging
Colonization to Co-Creation
Work with me:
I offer packages of 9 sessions to explore, excavate, heal and learn using the ReBloom method, priced at $1111CAN, taxes included (service fees apply if you live outside Canada). Payment plans available and encouraged.
Package includes a 1.5 hour intake session to set goals and identify priorities, 7 one-hour coaching sessions booked by you at your pace (one or two sessions per month recommended), and a final closing/reflection/celebration. All sessions are conducted online using Zoom.
I currently have 5 openings for this package and am offering them at the discounted price of $999CAN while they last.
If you’re feeling called to work with me as your post-traumatic and somatic coach, I invite you to reach out. You can contact me here. I am available by direct message using Instagram or Facebook messenger, or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also book a free 30 minute call on my booking site to chat and discover whether working with me is a good fit.
* Information regarding the ReBloom coaching methodology is reprinted and shared with permission from Rachael Maddox